Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Valuair SUCKS!!!

To be more precise, it should be the customer service sucks big time!!!

Situation:
I booked tickets for bangkok, going next month. The webpage is idiot-proof i think because i need to "dot" the going time and the return time. So my poor wife clicked the earliest time leaving Singapore and the latest time(7:45pm) returning from Bangkok and she just click confirm, presumming that she has clicked correctly. Least that we know, when we checked the confirmation slip, the return time from Bangkok is 9:25am. What happened!!!

Hence, I immediately called Valuair and i got a recorded message:
" Our office is closed at the present moment. Our office will be open from 9-6 from monday to friday......."
On my hind sight, I hang up when I heard it, without finish hearing the whole message.

So waited till monday to call, the operator gave a whole load of bullshit about changes can be made within 24hours of the booking, sat and sun they are able to take calls from 8-5 and the change fee ($60) cannot be waive.

What piss me off is the operator is not answering the questions and solving my problem and giving standard answers as if she is a computer (What a moron!!!). Their confirmation slip gave me a wrong time and expect me to pay $60 to change (Is that how they make their money by conning their customers to pay changing fees????)

The operator further irritates me when i asked to speak to her supervisor or manager. She tells me to write in through the PO box. (Another moron answer!!!! You are not answering the question!!!!!) By the time, I write in through the PO box, I would already come back from Bangkok.

Personally, I have no problems changing flight time with other airlines (garuda, airasia etc.) and they usually waive the change fee.

This is the first time trying Valuair and I have to suffer for making the choice, then I will take my business else where. Maybe I am just a "small" customer, but with the aid of internet, through blogs, such bad customer service news travel fast. Companies like this got to wake up and take care of their customer service. What happened to basic marketing theory that it is easier to keep a customer than to win a new customer????

Now only two solutions

1) just make the changes, maybe can stay one more day to make my time worth.

2) leave at 9:25am. I will check out from the hotel the day before, leave my bags at the hotel, go do shopping till the shops closes, go back to the hotel, pick up the bags and go to the airport and spend the night at the airport. (That will be interesting- I have not overnight in a airport. hahaha)

Valuair, you are over. Budget airline so what!!?? Does that mean you can give budget customer service?????

1 Comments:

Blogger Julz said...

are you really a teacher?

with all due respect, you talk and complain as if you're a sec4 girl finding a hole in her new blue jeans.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home