Friday, September 09, 2005

To pray in the Spirit or not

Just had cell group and we talked about people from different dinominations, coming together to worship and pray. So some are uncomfortable with others praying in tongue. Hence, this is the discussion. Should we continue to pray in tongue when we know that some people are uncomfortable or continue to be lead by the Holy Spirit?

One reasons that if one should stumble another christain(who do not believe in speaking in tongue) because of the speaking in tongue, then we should not do it. And Paul says in 1 corinthians 14:6-9 that unless the speaker speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone understand what you are saying? You will just be speaking to the air.

Another mention about verse 13 that anyone who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret what he say.

My stand? We are missing the big picture here. What is the primary objective of coming together in our work place to worship? It is to praise GOD and to worship him. I am not interested how the person on my right or on my left prays whether in tongue or not. I am concern whether I meet GOD here, I want to connect with my Father in heaven and be in His presence. It is my relation with my Father, whether I am pleasing Him, which is more important than the person next to me.

Second point, if they are unsure or uncomfortable with spirit behind the tongue, read 1 John 4:1-4. Do not believe every spirit, but TEST the spirits to see whether they are from GOD,.......This is how you can recognise the Spirit of GOD: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from GOD, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from GOD.

Third point, when we come together in our workplace to pray, we come with the understanding that we come from different dinominations and pray to GOD differently. So if we are children of GOD, SHOW love to each other. 1 John 4:16 to 1 John 5:4. GOD is love. Whoever lives in love lives in GOD, and GOD in him. In the same way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgeent, because in this world we are like Him. there is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out the fear, because fear has to do with punishment. the one who fears is not made perfect in love. WE LOVE BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US. If anyone says, "I love GOD," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. for anyone who does not love his brother , whom he has seen, cannot love GOD, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves GOD must also love his brother..........This is how we know that we love the children of GOD: by loving GOD and carring out his commands.

This is one of the reason why I am a chirstain. Coz GOD loves me and sent His only begotten Son to die for my sins so that I can enter the gates of heaven. What a wonderful GOD we have. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home