Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Robinsons Sales ESP II

I am pleasantly surprised that someone actually wants to know why Robinsons sales is terrible. HAHAHA. To me, it was terrible not because the discount is poor or I was unable to get the stuff I wanted. But it was terrible because the whole system of payment is terrible.

For the benefit of those, who "fortunately" missed the sales, you need to imagine finding the cashier counter in the mist of the crowd. Upon finding the counter, you have to wriggle your way to the back of the quene which is like 100metres long among all the racks of clothes and all five storeys of the store are the same, lots of people queneing up just to pay. This does not make any sense to me. If I am a store owner, I want my customers to pay me as soon as possible and as much as possible, then I will be laughing all the way to the bank. I do not want my customers to waste time lining up, I want them to spend more time shopping and spending more money. It took me 45 minutes to move through a quene that is about 10metres, so much for the efficient and good service that we peach about. Personally, this is the worst payment system I have come across, compared to Isetan(Sorry another japanese company, but they have really improved much and the Robinsons management staff should pay Isetan a visit this wednesday, which is tomorrow, because it is Isetan private sales.

Just some pointers to take note

1.
In Isetan, there is one quene to 2 to sometimes 6 cashiers, meaning customers just have to join 1 quene, which will be quickly cleared by 6 cashiers. No problem about quene jumpers and customers having to look for the shortest quene. The longest quene I have seen is probably 5 persons in the quene.

2.
Extra cashier counters are setup. Besides the extra cashier couters, the cashier is also important. Some of the cashiers at Robinsons look really young (part-timers, I believe), I have nothing against being young, but experienced cashiers will be more helpful. These young cashiers are really slow and took time to find the buttons and if they do not know how to handle, they will refer to the supervisor at the counter, who will be busy answering questions from customers from 3 counters. Of course, there is lots of frustration from the customers because supervisor was unable to handle amount of enquiry.

Isetan got a upper hand because they can deploy experienced cashiers from other stores to the shaw store for this day. Hence, happy customers equal more money $$$$$$$$$$$

3.
Because of the single quene and fast cashiers, less space is needed for people to quene. Even thought the store is pretty crowded, it is not as packed and uncomfortable as Robinsons. There is more breathing space. Another plus point is the additional cashier counters are strategically positioned at the exit, so that customers can left immediately after making payment.

Sign off got meeting tomorrow ARGH!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home