Thursday, January 11, 2007

Valuair (Jetstar) Sucks II

As you may all know that I have gone for a Bangkok trip last month, from my previous blog. The trip was great. But before I left, I received a letter from Jetstar. Below is the content of the letter.

My thinking was like:"Oh, this is the way you are going to treat your customers. Hmm.....I will think twice before I fly with you again or maybe there is no need to think." And off I went for the trip, service on the plane was good, after all, there is actually not much need for service fro the short trip. It is like taking a public transport bus, you board the bus, travel and alight when you are supposed to.

While I was there, I had a very rude shock!! I arrived at Bangkok, thinking that I will leave from the Bangkok International Airport - Don Muang, as shown in the letter from Jetstar.

For your information, if you do not know, the Bangkok International Airport is CLOSED!!!!! Thank God, the staff at the VAT (GST) tax counter and tourist information counter at Siam Paragon informed us before we were supposed to fly off the next day. I cannot imagine a "big" company like this can make such errors, sending all our passengers to an airport that is CLOSED. I have the gut feeling that the first printout about the wrong flight time is also their mistake now and having to pay $60 to correct their error is disgusting. And not admiting to their error, it also disgusted me.

Presently, I have sent out a complain letter and it has been more than a month since I have received a reply. I will advise the general public not to fly with them. Moreover, there are two seperate incidents of them refusing to allow disabled passengers to board their plane, which is unjust. We, consumers, must know our rights that we have the power to choose where and who to spend our money on......

2 Comments:

Blogger utwt said...

hi... can't see whats written on the letters.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

'ey, mate. Wholehearted agreement there.

Jetstar don't just suck - Jetstar lies to their customers, and are allowed to do so.

At the risk of being a prick...c'mon, what is this? They change your bookings - or magically nullify their existence - for no good reason, and then when you try to call their customer service, NOBODY picks up. NOBODY ( we had three phones all trying for the same line, for three fat hours of the same warped elevator music they probably put there to irritate your dog, and none of them got through ).

At last, we think we may have got through, but whoever it was we talked to...zero help.

1) "visit our website": Nothing there gives any help.

2) "call a number": We tried it. It doesn't go anywhere.

3) "send in a form": Speaking of which, what happened to the one we sent you a month ago?

Last resort... ***** hung up on us. Wow.

So there we had it - we wasted our time, wasted the calling charges, and nothing was achieved. It'll be a BIG relief to finally get our money back and be rid of this idiot service ASAP.

They lie about "good service", lie about "24 hours", and lie all the more about "valuing your call". No shit, sherlock. If you valued calls, you'd make a better effort to...I don't know, ANSWER THEM?!

I'm honestly ashamed that services like Jetstar exist, are allowed to exist, and are PAID to exist.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home