Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Copyright theft


Recently, my school play host to the beginning teachers in the cluster for a tea session. I got to learn that the beginning teachers received a booklet with my design on it. They have made amendments to the words layout and some words. WOW! When did I give the permission to use the background? ROBBERY!!!!!

It all started two years ago when I just joined the school and tasked to design a reflection booklet for the beginning teachers. It was quite a success till all the teachers in the school received a copy. Last semester, I got news that I have to amend and alter some design again and so using the same background, I produced a improved version. However, It was KIV, because colleague P said why not use the batik design on the booklet? Hence, I was no longer involved.

So with the new version out to the cluster with my design, I am pleased that my design was used, even without my permission, but upset because I was being robbed in broad daylight of the recognition I deserved. When a designer produce a work for someone, does it give the owner permission to change it and use it? I design it for the school so is it the school property? One occassion, another H.O.D. wanted to use my design on the school teacher file and he was generous enough to ask me first. But in this case, *sigh* ......................

1 Comments:

Blogger リム シャーンテイーン said...

Hi... Dun be too sad. It is a really nice design. Take it as a compliment tat they used ur design... Just take the opp to tell everyone tat the design is urs... haha, else where got recognition one.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home