Saturday, January 20, 2007

Norton Internet Security 2006 DOWN!!!

What is going with this Norton Internet Security that USED to be good??? I was updating it on my laptop and suddenly, it just expired, even though I just installed it in april last year. I thought it was supposed to be a one year subscription. How can they just expired the software and leave their customers high and dry without any firewall protection???

Hence, I decided to switch back to windows firewall for the moment because I am online in a public area. Protection is very important. (The same message for safe sex, use comdom kind of advertisement. You know the usual "be safe, not sorry" message should be printed on computers too. Hahahaha........)

Af ter switching over, I realised that my internet explorer is running much faster. And no, it is not because the RAM is increased or internet speed has increased. But it is noticable that it takes shorter time to complete downloading a page. With the firwall up, I went online to look for a solution at the discussion forum to get activation code or product key etc to figure a way to get my Norton Internet Security(NIS) 2006 back. Then I realised I am not the only one who noticed this. There are plenty of users denouced Norton and noted increase in speed without NIS. It seems that there is a 46% in Boot delay. WOW!!! REad this!!! the NIS 2007 is not much better too. And this review that NIS 2006 is not totally effective against all spywares.

I have been using NIS 2004 to NIS 2005 without any hitches, but it seems that the NIs 2006 is problematic in installation and has update packages that even cause users who buy original package to be expired too. With the NIS 2007 out now and my NIS 2006 expired, I really got to reconsider whether to switch to other firewalls or other antivirus programs and Norton is considerably expensive for US$69.90 a year.

BYEBYE to norton, which USED to be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home