Saturday, February 09, 2008

Old helper (maid) left and new helper is here.

Today, my helper ("kakak" = sister) left for her home.

I believe my son missed her and is really sad that kakak has left. His eyes were red but did not cry loudly. Actually me too, I felt a sense of loss for someone who lived and worked for almost four years here and took over most of the household chores and the task of looking after my son.
When I returned home in the afternoon, suddenly reality sets in. Oh, my helper has gone back with her things, things in the house are abit different from the normal school days. In her short four years, there are ups and downs, but she has been a blessing to this house. ABBA Father in heaven, bless her.

Suddenly I tried to recall the good things she has done and i realised that it is the mundane everyday tasks so that my wife and I do not have to worry about and ensuring that my son is taken cared of and brought to school and back safely. It is nothing extraodinary but when these are not done, it will get on your nerves.

The downs includes conflict with my wife's grandmother and conflict with my mother and of course my wife's sisters. I guess that conflicts are bounded to happen when people are together everyday and every minute, just like our workplace. But we can leave our workplace to go home, but for a helper, she cannot leave the workplace......

She left a Thank You card before she left, saying sorry for everything and to everyone and thanked my wife and I and it is appreciated. It is like losing a family member....

To YaYuk, goodbye, GOd bless you and your family and Thank you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home