Monday, January 09, 2006

Out of the Routine!!!!!

Thanks Domestic Rat, dun mind if I add a link to your blog.

At least, I know I am not alone in this routine, or should I say my friend? But I guess it is still important sometimes to do something out of the routine and enjoy the company of each other. It may not be something extreme like extreme sport or do base jumping, but it can be a half-day trip to JB after school to do some shopping, instead of the usual school stuff, you know teachers have tons of things to do. And they try to make you do stupid things like filing, type worksheets, workplan, budget planning, weekly lesson plans etc. HEEHEE, :) my wife and I plan to go over JB soon to get some Chinese New Year goodies. It is our little getaway from the routine, just for fun and the goodies taste better. LOL Yummy!

I read an article in the papers that some couples divorce after their children grow up and leave home. Suddenly, the couples find that they do not know each other due to the lack of communication and alone at home, they start to quarrel. Wow! They are so struck in their life routine of work-home-work-home (not forgetting children) that they do not know each other and forget the passion they have for each other when they are dating. Let'us not be careless in this with our life partners.

My fellow colleague met a Christian guy, who is busy with work in school also, she "complains" that the guy so busy always works till 6pm, which is pretty amazing considering teachers have to reach school around 7am so this fellow can work for 11 hours, almost like a factory worker. I admit I also leave school or track stadium at 6, but it is due to CCA training. What I want to question is where is GOD in this?

Yes, as Christian, we are to work as if we are working for the Lord, not for man and submit to the authorities, but be careful where to draw the line. Sometimes, overly passion for working, then work can become an IDOL, without us realising it. Remember? There can be only one GOD and to love HIM with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind. Amen.




Just a note: Couples, whether christian or not, have to work on their marriage, dun wait till we are old and find we dun know the person we have been sharing our bed with. The great difference is GOD in the middle.

1 Comments:

Blogger domestic rat said...

No. I do not mind at all. Hope you and your missus enjoy your time-out in JB. ;)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home