Friday, January 13, 2006

Love and Faithfulness

Just to update on the JB trip. HEEHEE! Wife bought 3 PAIRS OF SHOES!!!!!! I admit I also have many pairs of shoes, but to buy 3 pairs at one go is abit too much for me. I probably buy 3 pairs of shoes a year. Actually, I think I bought 4 pairs last year, HEEHEE. Sorry, I am also quite vain, but hey, if a guy does not dress nicely, girls, will you date him? I saw this book at a bookstore, title written in chinese, "Guys dun dress, Girls dun love. To some extent, I will agree with this, actually not to some extent, I totally agree. If my daugther dates a sloppy guy, I will kick his butt, because this guy is not serious and sincere about the date enough to dress up, then how can I trust my daugther in his hands? Sorry, Guys, but ladies, agree?

Updates on person A from last story. Person A ended up dumping long-time boyfriend for another guy. What the hell! I have my own feelings about this, not because of person A, but becasue my first girlfriend left me for another guy. It was also my own doing, because of swimming training everyday (only sunday is rest.) and maybe immature in handling relationships. I must say this some guys are really ASSHOLES!!!! (pardon my language, but I am straight forward and do not like to beat about the bushes.) Some girls have boyfriends, but they just have to "tackle" (meaning date, win the heart of) the girl and tell them he loves her. Within such a short time, how you know it is love? Undeniable, I have dated girls with boyfriends before, but sometimes just have to draw the line. I also understand person A is an adult and I have no right to comment whether she is right or wrong. But I want to say love is not the fuppy,dovey,lovey like in the movie.

4Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.

5It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].

6It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail
7Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].
8Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (Amplified Bible)

One of the things I like about my wife is her faithfulness.

She shared with me a story in the past that a guy in the office was trying to "tackle" her during her uni job attachment to the company and she just told him off that she has a boyfriend. Saying "I love you" is simple and cheap if not followed by action.

Person A said got problems with old boyfriend, but which couples do not have problems? It is the love that keep us together and gives us the strength to work out the problem together to come to a compromise, meet at the middle, sometimes lose the arguement in order to be together. (Sun Tzu said sometimes have to lose the battle to win the war. HAHAHA!!!) My wife and I have our fair share of arguements, by GOD's grace, we are able to work it out. Hallelujah! Praise and glorry to GOD.

2 Comments:

Blogger Inspirational thoughts said...

What you have written in your blog really encourages me a lot especially when I personally also read and know that divorce rates are increasing not just here but also the rest of the world.I truly believe that it is only through the love of God that we can really love another person in a marriage.Probably, at this time,I am still not ready that is why I have yet to meet my other half.

8:10 PM  
Blogger domestic rat said...

Infidelity is a tricky business. If you are unfaithful, you are wrong. But what happens when you are in the other pair of shoes, that there is a 'valid' reason to be unfaithful? Sometimes, we should not look at the surface of matters because we do not know enough to draw a definite conclusion.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home