Saturday, January 28, 2006

MEI ZHEN XIANG SUCKS!!!!! BIG TIME!!!!

Can you believe that a company ( MEI ZHEN XIANG) with business in two countries sell the same stuff at different price??????!!!!!!!!

Sorry to those who do not know what is MEI ZEHN XIANG, I could find the company website to get a picture of its logo. But it is the one sell BBQ slice pork(refered to as bakua at times).

Trying my luck in JB, sad to say it is more affordable there, rm60 per kilograms of slice pork. That works out to about S$27 per kilograms. :) (Sly smile) I decided to try my luck. Well done to the Immigration people, I was discovered on my little smuggling bakua mission. ARGH!!!!! And there goes my 1.6 kilograms of bakua into the dustbin. Wife felt heartache coz about S$42 goes to waste because she could have bought two FUTURE STATE tops with that kind of money. LOL HAHAHA!!! I just felt too bad. But strange that the officer will throw the confiscated stuff in a dustbin outside the custom. SO am I suppose to sneak back to pick up my stuff after he is gone?????? ANyone, please advise?????? I heard the dustbin is really empty because it hit the bottom so either Singaporeans are really good and not test the system, or they really went back to pick it up. HMM.......... But the dustbin is really high and impossible to just bend over to pick it up. One will have to overturn the dustbin to get it out. HMM........... Wonder if the cleaners will feast on the food stuff. HMM....... Maybe should have called my cousin in the Immigration. :P

AS the BBQ pork is suppose to be New Year gifts for my in-laws, so no choice I am subjected to slaughter by the MEI ZHEN XIANG here. So we rushed to the MEI ZHEN XIANG at Causeway point. WHAT THE HELL!!!!! Can you imagine how ridicious the price is? LAst week was $38 per kilograms and last night was $44 per kilograms!!!!! Can we complain to CASE? I am a member of CASE. How can a company raise price like this!!!!! And on what basis do they raise price!!!! Then they will argue the demand and supply curve, like in the Economics class. And we, poor consumers, are suppose to accept the shit that they impose on us? ARGH!! as it is for the in-laws, no choice.

Just as my previous blog on other companies and their silly system, joining the 40 people long quene made me realise that the quene is not moving. And there is this silly staff going to everyone, asking:" What will you like to order? The price is (so ridiciously high, sorry I added this. LOL) $44 per kilograms, blar blar blar" Then hand out a slip of the order form, please take note that all order forms have a number and a part which we hang on after we give our order form. Then I think wow what if they can take the order, I pay first, they can take their own sweet time to pack the stuff, I can come back like 1 or 2 hours later to collect, wouldn't it be great? Then the staff gave bullshit like "oh, there is no such a system. We cannot have the foodstuff stack up." Then what is the point of giving the order form when at the end of the day, I still have to quene all the way to the counter to tell the joker at the counter what I want and stupidly quene to the cashier to pay while they struggle to pack??????

First, They are wasting my time standing there like a dumb fool.

Second, They are wasting paper giving out order form when I can just tell the fellow at the counter.

Third, if I pay for the goods and I did not go and collect my stuff, then it is my loss, not their loss, because the goods are already being paid for.

Fourth, There is no consideration for the elderly and children at the quene, making them stand there for hours to quene. Talk about customer service??? It has gone down the drain. Oh I forgot there is no drain in the shopping centre. LOL

Fifth, they are not a fast food chain, it is not as if I can collect my stuff immediately after I made my order. They need time to pack the BBQ pork in some oil absorbing paper etc.

Same again, companies fail to learn good practices from other companies, so ended up having to re-invent the wheel. They could have a counter to take orders and at the same time, customers can make payment. Due to the crowd, they could have asked the customer to return mayb 30 minutes later to collect the goods, which is time better spend doing other shopping, then waiting. Then orders that are prepared, the staff can just the number on a whiteboard (because investing in a electronic board is not cost effective if this is one of the few period when there is large consumer demand. And the order number is already existing, printed on the order form, so no major reforms needed.) Customers can collect their goods at another counter quickly once they see their number on the whiteboard, which is easily erased once goods are collected.

I heard this in this movie called Emperor's Club :" The drunk can be sober. The grambler can stop grambling...... But there is no cure for stupidity." True.

5 Comments:

Blogger fr said...

As a teacher you should know better than buying BBQ pork from JB. You know it is not allowed and yet you tried. Shame on you.

Isn't is stupid talking about retriving from the dustbin or the cleaners feasting on it.

Now if you managed to smuggle it in and you became sick fom eating it, I think you are going to blame the authities for not doing their job.

Of course MZX has the right to increase the price during this period. The workers have to work overtimes.

7:23 PM  
Blogger two057 said...

HAHAHAHA :)

Just for your knowledge. I have actually ate some sample pieces of BBQ pork when I made the purchase. So it does not matter whether I ate it here because I have already eaten some in Johore. ARGH.

What I am arguing is how can MEI ZHEN XIANG treat the BBQ pork like commodity or shares, subject to fructuation in prices due to demand and supply. MZX is a reputable brand name with a long history. Similarly, Can you imagine if the food in the food court increase just because the demand for it is high? Just like MZX, the price of BBQ pork increased twice within 6 hours in 1 day.

So what if the workers have to work overtime? Why should the cost of hiring these "extra" be passed over to the consumers? With the extra large volume of sales, I am sure they are able to cover the extra cost?

12:19 AM  
Blogger fr said...

Actually it happened every year, but the increase is not permenant. Food court not the same lah!

Why don't you complain about others who reduce the price of their goods sharply hours before the new year - it is not fair to others who have bought earlier or doesn't it means that the earlier prices are too high.

Why begrudge the workers or MZX for earning a little more bonus during this period.

8:57 AM  
Blogger domestic rat said...

I'm very curious why bakwa from Msia is not allowed in Singapore. Have I missed out anything??? And erm, I ate the bakwa from Mei Zhen Xiang in Penang and it tasted pretty alright to me.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Centurion said...

My sister bought more than a few kg of sliced meat from Mei Zhen Xiang but was given other meat as it was pre-pack.

My sister plan to confront them when they open.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home